If you’re interested in finding vacant land in Las Vegas and building your own home, there are many things you should know. While the desert looks to be open and inviting, there is surprisingly little room for building at this point. Almost 80% of the land in the Las Vegas Valley is owned by the Federal Bureau of Land Management. This leaves 20% for private owners.
Most of this land has been divided into half acre parcels, with the largest area of land available being about two and half acre parcels. If you’re hoping to enjoy horses, you should also know that three horses are allowed for every acre of land.
Certainly, not everyone in Vegas wants to build. Some companies, like Sightline Acquisition, LLC with Kirk Sanford specialize in the acquisition of distressed commercial and residential real estate.